MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-900 Series
The OTDR and/or iOLM ( MAX-700B and MAX-700C) application icon's are missing from the units desktop on bootup.
The OLTS ( MAX-900 series) application icon is missing from the units desktop on bootup.
Possible Cause 1: OTDR/iOLM ONLY - The unit may not have the necessary license to use both the OTDR and the iOLM application.
- In this situation you should see either the OTDR application icon or the iOLM application. You can check the options available by opening the Configuration panel, and selecting Software Options.
- If only OTDR or iOLM is active, then it is normal to only see the application icon for that option.
- If you need both iOLM and OTDR options, please contact our inside sales team.
Possible Cause 2: The USB cable connector between the Host unit and the internal module is unseated.
- Reset the connector on the Host unit. This will require some basic tools and manipulation.
- Our Technical support team is available to help.
Possible Cause 3: There may be a software configuration issue.
- Carry out a System Recovery of the unit.
- Please refer to the knowledge article How to perform a recovery on the MAX optical unit, for instructions.
Possible Cause 4: The USB cable/connector between the Host unit and the internal module is faulty, or possibly some other HW fault.
- This will require a repair service.
- Please request an RMA for repair at an EXFO authorized service center.