FTB-1 V2/PRO, FTB-2/PRO, FTB-4 PRO, LTB-1/2/8/12 with Windows 10 OS
For security purposes, most EXFO platforms are shipped from the factory with the Ping tool disabled. Depending on your application, you may want to enable this feature.
Procedure to follow
1. From Toolbox or Minitoolbox, click "System Settings/Control Panel"
2. In "System and Security" open "Windows Firewall"
3. Go to "Advanced Settings/Inbound rules"
4. In the right pane find "File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In)"
5. Right click on each rule and hit "Enable Rule"
6. Make sure to enable the 2 “Echo Request - ICMPv4-In” rules
7. Ensure that "File and Printer sharing" options are activated and Ping will be enabled.