After the reset is performed;
- All saved data, including test reports and configuration will be erased,
- The device will be reset to the initial Factory default software,
- The device will return to factory default configuration parameters.
Below are the steps to reset the EX1 device.
Procedure to follow
The reset pin hole is in between the two interfaces (RJ45 and SFP) on the bottom of the device.
- Shut down your EX1
- Press and hold the reset pin hole button
- Press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds
- Release power button
- Release the pin hole button when the power LED starts flashing amber indicating the reset is in progress (about 10 seconds).
- Once the reset is completed, the EXFO EX1 device will reboot.
NOTE: Once the reset is completed, your device will need an active internet connection to perform any software updates.