If you need to transfer an existing FastReporter 2 license to a new computer, you can place the request directly within the FastReporter 2 application. Please note that you will need your original Purchase Order or Order number on which the license was initially purchased.
Before starting the procedure below you will need to have FastReporter 2 installed on your new computer.
If you need more information on downloading and installing FastReporter 2, please refer to the related knowledge articles.
Procedure to follow
- From FastReporter 2, select the ‘’Help’’ tab.
- Then from the Help window, select ‘’Activate Options’’.
- Then select ‘’Generate and Send Identification File’’.
- From the Identification File window, select the Sofware Option Details of your previous license. (1). Then Fill out the information required in the ‘’Customer Information’’ section (2), the PO/Order number information (3). The Identification File Information shows the name of the file and the location of the file. If you want to change ‘’File Location’’ you can select the ‘’Browse’’ button to do so. (4) Once all the information is entered select ‘’Generate and Send Identification File’’. (5)
- Once you select the ‘’Generate and Send Identification File’’, a .xml file (1) will be created and attached to a new email, that will automatically open in a new window. In the email the ‘’To’’ address is automatically filled with the address of our software key team. (2) Once you are ready, select ‘’Send’’(3). Please note that if no email account is set up on your computer, you can send the .xml file using your preferred email service to our software key team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are any questions you will be contacted by our Software Key team, otherwise, you should receive the activation key within 4 business hours.