MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-FIP, MAX-900 series, MAX-5205
The MAX Optical tester touchscreen is no longer responsive to user input.
Possible Cause 1: The touchscreen was pressed during boot up of the unit.
- Carry out a hardware reset of the unit (hold power button for 12 seconds), then make sure during the boot up process that the user or another pressure point is not touching the screen.
Possible Cause 2: A screen calibration was carried out using a different power source.
- Changes in the power source may impact the touch screen calibration.
- Before proceeding with the new calibration, you may want to ensure that your unit currently uses the same power source (battery or AC) that will be used most of the time.
- You can connect a USB keyboard to the unit and start the calibration application directly by pressing CTRL + ALT +T
Possible Cause 3: The touchscreen screen protector is misaligned
- If there is a screen protector fitted to the unit's touchscreen, ensure it is aligned correctly. Remove and retest the responsiveness of the touchscreen.
Possible Cause 4: There may be a system configuration issue
- Carry out a System Recovery of the unit. Please refer to the knowledge article How to perform a recovery on the MAX optical unit, for instructions.
Possible Cause 5: There is damage to or failure of the touchscreen
- Cracks, scratches or component failure may occur.
- As a temporary workaround, you can connect a wired USB mouse and/or keyboard to the MaxTester. This will allow you to continue with your testing.
- The touchscreen is a serviceable part and can be replaced at an EXFO authorized service center.
- Please request an RMA for repair.