MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-FIP, MAX-900 series, MAX-5205
Power Meter - VFL Software ICON is missing from MAX Optical tester desktop / homescreen on boot up.
Possible Cause 1: Your unit is not configured with the optional PM/VFL mini-module.
- The application icon will only be present if a mini-module is installed. If there is no PM/VFL mini-module, it is normal that the application icon is not displayed.
Possible Cause 2: The PM/VFL mini-module is incorrectly seated in the unit.
- Reseat the PM/VFL module in the unit.
- Press and hold the On/Off button a few seconds until the unit beeps once to put it in shutdown mode.
- Disconnect the unit from its external power source.
- Put on a wrist (or an ankle) antistatic strap and ensure that it is grounded properly.
- Place the unit vertically so that its front panel (display) is facing you.
- On the top panel of the unit, locate the PM/VFL.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the four screws.
- By holding the PM/VFL by its faceplate, gently pull it out of the bay completely and make a visual inspection of all electrical connectors.
- If visual inspection is good, carefully re-align the PM/VFL with the corresponding bay and gently slide the PM/VFL into the bay until its faceplate is flush. Push firmly with your thumb to ensure a good electrical contact.
- Using the screwdriver, secure the PM/VFL in place with the 4 screws that you had removed.
- Power the unit back on.
- Check whether the PM/VFL application icon is now present on the desktop.
Possible Cause 3: A file may have become corrupted.
- Perform a Recovery on the unit.
- Please refer to the knowledge article How to perform a recovery on the MAX optical unit, for instructions.
Possible Cause 4: PM/VFL module or MaxTester is damaged or faulty.
- Please raise an RMA for repair.