Open Transceiver Systems ( TA-)
TA-SFP28, TA-QSFP28, TA-CFP4 and TA-SYNC are the Open Transceiver Systems used with FTBx-88260 and FTBx-88480 modules. They contain a small battery.
Follow the troubleshooting steps below, if you even receive the warning message indicating, The battery for the open transceiver system's insertion counter is "depleted" or "low".
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a warning message, and will not not affect module’s functionality. In most cases you can run your test normally.
Possible Cause 1: Battery insulation tab has not been removed.
- Pull out the insulation tab.
Possible Cause 2: Transceiver system is not correctly installed in the module.
- Remove and re-insert the transceiver system in the module.
- Install the transceiver system in a different Port.
- If the problem persists, or if the behavior is only present on a specific port, please contact EXFO support.
Possible Cause 3: Battery is nearing end of life.
- Battery typically will last 5 years, however environmental factors can shorten or lengthen that period.
- Contact EXFO support for battery replacement.