MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-FIP, MAX-900 series, MAX-5205
The troubleshooting steps below may be helpful if;
- you are unable to connect to a WIFI network or,
- you are having difficulties to maintain a stable connection.
Possible Cause 1: You have an earlier software installed, prior to SI 2.27.
- Improvements were made in SI 2.27 and later.
- We recommend to install the latest SI software
- You will find the instructions in this knowledge article.
Possible Cause 2: You are trying to connect to a 5 GHz WIFI channel.
- The WIFI port in this product does not support 5 GHz channels.
- Please connect to a 2.4 GHz channel.
- You may consult this KB article for more information.
Possible Cause 3: There are too many WIFI channels in your environment.
- Sometimes the MaxTester has trouble maintaining WIFI connection where there are a high number of active WIFI channels.
- If possible move to an environment where there are fewer WIFI channels.
- If possible use the wired ethernet port.
- If possible work off-line and then connect to WiFI in a more suitable environment.
Possible Cause 4: Incorrect WIFI encryption configuration
- Click the Advanced button in the WIFI Configuration utility
- Select the correct profile for your network
Possible Cause 5: You may have an older unit with a single WIFI antenna.
- The original units had a single internal WIFI antenna. These units are identified by a blue WIFI sticker and will require a strong WIFI signal strength for a stable connection.
- Later units have duel internal antennas and are identified by a green WIFI sticker.