MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-FIP, MAX-900 series, MAX-5205
During the startup process on rare occasions the unit may stop booting at the "word" splash screen.
Possible Cause 1: Unit is in an undefined state.
- Press and hold down the “Power” button for 20 seconds.
- Keep holding until 20 seconds have been reached, release the button.
- Power on the unit normally.
Possible Cause 2: Some files are corrupted.
- Perform a recovery.
- Follow the instructions in this article.
Possible Cause 3: Unit power management is in an undefined state.
- Contact EXFO Technical Support for instructions on how to access the battery.
- Momentarily disconnect the battery.
- Power on the unit.
Possible Cause 4: Unit requires repair.
- Request an RMA for repair at one of our service facilities.