MAX-700B series, MAX-700C series, MAX-900 Series, MAX-5205, MAX-FIP
Can I connect the MaxTester to a 5 GHz WIFI network?
The MaxTester is not compatible with a 5 GHz WIFI network channel. You will need to connect to a 2.4 GHz channel.
Typically, Channels 1, 6, & 11 in the 2.4 GHz band offer the best performance. If you are unsure the channel number and frequency band in your environment, you can use a WIFI analyzer application ( free for download on Google Play or Apple Store) to scan available channels.
Also on the Maxtester you can check the channel number of a specific WIFI connection as shown below.
1. Go to "Configuration/Devices and Utilities/Wi-Fi Configuration"
2. Select a Wi-Fi network then click "Advanced" (1).
3. In "Summit Client Utility" window select the "Diags" tab (2).
4. Click on the "Diagnostics" button (3).
5. The channel number is displayed near the top (4), in this case Channel 11.
6. Channels in the 5 GHz band will be numbered as 36 or higher.