All Platforms with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 operating systems
What is a quick and easy way to know the Windows version of your platform?
There are a number of ways to get this information, but these are quite easy. Knowing your Windows version may be important when considering compatibility and/or troubleshooting.
1. At the bottom left in the “Type here to search” area enter winver then press “Enter”:
2. You can also press the Windows key + R on the keyboard then enter winver.
3. In both cases, you will be presented with an information window similar to below, which provides the generic version (10 in this case) as well as the specific version and build (21H2 build 19044.1766).
Windows 8 and 8.1
1. From the main screen click the “Search” button then enter winver.
2. Click on the “winver” icon found
3. You may also press the Windows key + R on the keyboard then enter winver.
4. In both cases, you will be presented with an information window similar to below, that contains the Windows generic version (8 in this case) as well as the specific version (6.3 Build 9600).