FIP-415B, FIP-425B, FIP-435B
When connecting to a Windows computer or EXFO product, the FIP inspection probe is not available in the ConnectorMAX application.
This troubleshooting guide also covers some other related situations preventing you from using the wireless probe with a PC or EXFO product.
Possible Cause 1: Your EXFO Platform or PC may not be fitted with a Wi-Fi option
- The FIP-400B wireless probes connect to a computer (or smart device) using a Wi-Fi connection.
- It should be rare that your computer, particularly a laptop, is not fitted with Wi-Fi connectivity however it is worth checking.
- For EXFO products like FTB, LTB, MaxTester, etc., Wi-Fi is generally an option. Please check to see if your product has the RF option.
- If it turns out that your computer or EXFO product is not fitted with Wi-Fi, you can use the provided USB cable to connect and perform your tests and transfer the results.
Possible Cause 2: You may have an incompatible EXFO platform or product.
- Older EXFO products are not compatible with the wireless FIP-400B series and/or ConnectorMax 2 software.
- For example, you will not be able to connect with the FTB-200, FTB-200V2, nor the IQS series.
Possible Cause 3: Your PC or device may not have an appropriate operating system
- The PC version of ConnectorMax 2 software requires Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 for reliable operation.
Possible Cause 4: The devices not powered on and/or in the correct state
- Ensure the Wi-Fi is enabled and available on your device.
- Ensure the probe is powered on and located near the device that you are trying to connect.
- The FIP battery may be discharged. Charge the battery using the supplied USB cable.
Possible Cause 5: A connection error has occurred
- Restart the probe
- Ensure the probe is not in use with another application.
- On MAX-700B, ensure the connection was not done through the Wi-Fi connection of the platform. Use the connection from ConnectorMax 2.
- The probe may be outside of working distance. Move it closer to your device.
Possible Cause 6: The FIP Inspection Probe has encountered a critical internal error
- Restart the probe
- Ensure the probe battery is properly charged
- You may need to perform a firmware update on the FIP.
- Follow this procedure to perform the firmware update.