FIP 415B, FIP-435B, FIP-425B
Here is a short procedure on how to force a firmware update on the wireless FIP-415B, FIP-425B and FIP-435B.
This could be useful in the following situations;
- If the fiber inspection probe is unable to be detected either by the CMAX2 PC application or the CMAX2 mobile application,
- If you experience a "Critical Internal Error" message while using the probe,
- When the probe no longer connects over Wi-Fi.
Procedure to follow
- Download and install the latest version of ConnectorMax 2 on the PC.
- Download from this link: https://apps.exfo.com/en/exfo-apps/softwares/connectormax2/?application=CMAX2&platform=PC
- Unzip the folder
- If your OS is 32-bit open the "32 Bit" folder and click on "Setup"
- If your OS is 64-bit open the "64 Bit" folder and click on "Setup"
- Before continuing, please make sure that the Probe is turned off and ConnectorMax2 application is NOT running.
- Connect the probe to the PC using the USB cable supplied with the unit. With this cable you can be sure to have a cable that supports both charging and data.
- Start the ConnectorMax2 application.
- Press and hold down the Capture and Magnification control buttons, then power on the probe (press power button) while still holding the capture and magnification buttons. (see image below)
- You should see the following message appear on screen.
- You can now let go of the 3 buttons, then select Update to force the firmware update.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not disconnect the probe during the update process.
9. If the FW update does not proceed as expected, or if after having performed the update, you still have a problem, please contact EXFO Technical Support.